The University of York’s Gilbert and Sullivan Society will once again be returning to the International Gilbert & Sullivan Festival in Harrogate to perform in UNIfest 2016. We will be reviving and refreshing our main show from this year, Ruddigore, and will be performing on Monday 8th August 2016. Last year we took home several awards including Adjudicator’s Award and 1st Runners Up, but this year we intend to do one better!
Not all of our original cast were available for the Harrogate show and so re-auditions were held, and I’m proud to announce our Harrogate cast:
- Robin Oakapple/Sir Ruthven Murgatroyd – Alex Davison
- Rose Maybud – Emma Whitworth
- Richard Dauntless – Jacob Taylor
- Old Adam Goodheart – Adrian Horan
- Sir Despard Murgatroyd – Stefan Grant
- Mad Margaret – Annabel Gipp
- Dame Hannah – Eleanor Dunsdon
- Sir Roderic Murgatroyd – Jake Adams
- Zorah – Samantha Gunn
- Ruth – Lydia Worrall
- Sir Rupert – David Charter
- Sir Jasper – Pierre-Alain Guillaume van Griethuysen
- Sir Lionel – Callam Neville
- Sir Conrad – Stuart Roberts
- Sir Desmond – Liam Penny
- Sir Gilbert – Robert Carpenter
- Sir Mervyn – Pollyanna Jenkins
- Chorus of Bridesmaids – Hannah Scregg, Alice Rathbone, Samantha Gunn, Pollyanna Jenkins, Lydia Worrall, Miriam Gibson, Claire Smith & Jenny Jones
The show will once again be overseen by our amazing Rud-directors Claire Smith, Jenny Jones, Chloe Reynolds and Dan Wade. Please visit the G&S Festival’s webpage for more information about the festival, as UNIfest is only a small part of all the G&S fun going on there. Tickets will also be available on the website for our production.
We’re all looking forward to the show. Please keep posted here on our website or over on our social media pages for future updates.